Follow our progress

Mark and I just purchased our first home! But there is a lot of work that needs to be done to it. Thank goodness we have the help of Mark and Karen to help us along the way! On this blog, I will keep track of our progress and post pictures of what we are doing.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I know that I haven't posted in a long time, but now I am back with some updated information. Although we are behind schedule, we have gotten a lot done. I had no idea how hard it is to do all of this work. We have the walls textured that we wanted to texture and we have the patches fixed on the few places in the ceiling that were messed up. And now, we are finally painting! Mark and I did a lot of it, but then we got this guy to do the finishing touches for us. Things like the baseboards, windows, and that kind of stuff. He is almost finished. He should be finished completely tomorrow. Then, we are going to put in the floors, and then we will move in! It has been really hard working on it while still working, but I love to see the progress. It is definitely a lot better from when we started. I can't wait to see it with the floors in.
Also, we have an amazing, huge rose bush in our front yard. It is so big that at first we didn't know what it was, until it bloomed. It is beautiful. I was going to take a picture, but the wind blew all of the petals off so now I have to wait for them to grow back.
I really hope that I am all moved in by the time Mom comes into town. I am pretty sure that we will be, though.

This is what we looked like while we were painting! It gets hot under the mask but it sure does help protect from all those paint fumes! Mark's uncle's paint sprayer helped a whole lot! Painting is pretty easy with that thing.

This is just a reminder of what the walls looked like before the paint.

And after the paint! The color is called Oklahoma Wheat, and I really love it! We are doing all of the rooms in this color except for the master bedroom. That will be a surprise for a few photos down!

This is the entry way before the paint. It is also before we do the floors, because that tile will be wood come next week.

And after the paint! Doesn't it make such a huge difference?

Here is the view of the hallway from the living room.

And again. Next week, all of this will be carpeted.

This is the living room after the paint. Next week, we are going to take down the chandelier (and save it for Paige :)) and put in a ceiling fan in the middle of the room.

The living room again.

And again. The guy who helped us paint did the trim around the brick. There is no way Mark and I could have done it without getting paint all over the brick!

I love the way the white framing looks against the paint!



SURPRISE!!
This is the color we picked for the master bedroom. It is called Indian Paintbrush. I love the way it looks!! It is so bold and beautiful! :)

We still need to do the drywall right here. This is where the closet is going to be.


1 comment:

  1. Looking great sister! I can't wait to see it with the wood floor and the new carpet. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete